LayeredBrain shortlisted for Seedcamp Week interview
By Emi Gal | September 3rd, 2009 | No Comments | Our stuff
We’ve been rather silent here at Brainient for the past few months, but not because we’ve been treating ourselves with mochitos on Richard Branson’s island but because we’ve been working our asses out on a new product.
2009 has been an incredible year so far, and I feel we’ve gone a very long way for such a small, boot-straped company. Here’s a quick summary:
- January – Launched Veevid, our video management platform.
- February - got shortlisted for Mini Seedcamp Paris with our video management platform, Veevid. We won. The experience has been fantastic and I got back to Romania with my Moleskine notebook filled with notes, feedback and awesome ideas.
- March – discovered that the main problem video publishers face isn’t video management but video monetization. We started putting together the wireframes for a new product.
- April – got shortlisted for Mini Seedcamp London with Veevid. We didn’t win, but I got the chance to “feel” the London startup scene and filled my Moleskine with more notes and ideas.
- May – started working on LayeredBrain, our video monetization solution for video publishers.
- June – launched the open-source version of Veevid at veevid.org and started rolling some serious clients in Romania.
- July – completed our wonderful team with the best Project Manager in Romania, Andrei.
- August – finished the prototype for LayeredBrain.
- September – got shortlisted for Seedcamp Week ’09 interviews with LayeredBrain.
As I’ve already said, LayeredBrain helps video publishers make more money out of their video content. It does so by bringing affiliate marketing to video, through a smart engine which integrates multiple video ad networks and automatically selects the most profitable ads and through some pretty neat user interactivity tools. To find out more, check out our website here.
Keep your fingers crossed for our interview with the Seedcamp team on September 9 and give us your email address if you’d like to be one of LayeredBrain’s beta testers.
, richard branson
, seed money
, seedcamp 09